Here is a short outline of the Christian life at Good Shepherd:
In baptism, we die every day to our small, self-centered ways and are reborn each day to a larger reality, thanks to God’s grace. We practice baptism in five ways:
1. by living among God’s faithful people,
2. by hearing the word of God and sharing in the Lord’s supper, (here is how we approach the Bible)
3. by proclaiming the good news of God in Christ through word and deed,
4. by serving all people, following the example of Jesus, and by striving for justice and peace in all the earth!
5. and by striving for justice and peace in all the earth!
This life of discipleship takes practice, yes, and also immeasurable amounts of grace! Come share in God’s journey. Contact us to get started.
We are grounded in Lutheran Christian liturgy, enjoying music, confession and forgiveness, prayer, sacrament, service, and a fellowship of reconciliation in Christ. Our worship seeks to be kid-friendly, inclusive of God’s global church, and faithful to our theological roots in Christ as revealed in the Bible, and as interpreted in the Augsburg Confession of 1530. We remember that God’s Word is living and is thus never confined, even by our best intentions!
Some people choose to join the church as members. Membership is a formal commitment to discipleship, both by the member and by the rest of the congregation. If you are interested in joining the church as a member, please contact Pastor Travis!
To schedule a baptism, confirmation, wedding, or funeral, please contact Pastor Travis for more information.
Please note: Good Shepherd takes pictures and video and posts these on social media for marketing and promotional purposes only.